Shaq's wife files in Los Angeles
Va'Shaundya O'Neal filed for legal separation with intent to divorce Monday in Los Angeles. She cited irreconcilable differences.
She is seeking spousal and child support and full legal custody of the couple's four children. No monetary amounts were listed in the court filing.
"Obviously, this is a difficult time for our family, and we request that the media respect our privacy," Shaquille O'Neal said in a statement released by the team Tuesday night. "I will continue to focus on being there for our children and I am confident that Shaunie will do the same."
The O'Neals were married six years, 11 months.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Thunder fire back to rout Lakers in rematch
- Dunleavy, Noah carry Bulls past Rockets
- McHale: Noah is Defensive Player of Year
- Woodson: Jackson would only help Knicks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Kids' Cleveland Cavaliers Primary Logo Burgundy T-Shirt