Carter starts second quarter
Carter didn't start, but checked in to start the second quarter in Tuesday's game against Charlotte.
He practiced on a limited basis Monday, but sat out the morning shootaround and was ruled out by coach Stan Van Gundy. However, Carter said he started feeling better in the afternoon and went through a rigorous pregame workout after which he said he "felt good."
Carter was first injured on Oct. 30 against New Jersey. He returned after missing one game, only to miss three more after aggravating the injury in a loss to Detroit on Nov. 3.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Lakers offer coaching job to Scott
- Melo: It was 'always Chicago or New York'
- 'Fortunate' Lakers introduce forward Boozer
- Cavs ink Wiggins; can't trade him for 30 days
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Authentic Street Signs Orlando Magic Court Sign