Thabeet breaks jaw vs. Blazers
The 7-foot-3 center from UConn was injured late in the first quarter during a battle under the Memphis basket. Replays appeared to show Thabeet's jaw colliding with forward Zach Randolph's head.
Thabeet had just entered the game a minute earlier.
Thabeet was playing in his seventh game of the season. He had scored four points and grabbed 11 rebounds in his previous six games, and also recorded six blocks.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Woodson 'bracing' for the worst
- Silver: Making NBA age limit 20 top priority
- 76ers owner terms 19-win season 'success'
- Kupchak says Kobe, Lakers on same page
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Memphis Grizzlies Court Runner