Walker trying to resolve charges
LAS VEGAS -- Former NBA All-Star Antoine Walker's lawyer says he's trying to resolve criminal charges stemming from more than $800,000 in gambling debts to three Las Vegas casinos.
Las Vegas Justice of the Peace Melanie Andress-Tobiasson on Thursday gave attorney Jonathan Powell until Nov. 30 to make a deal with the Clark County district attorney or take the felony case to trial in state court.
Walker was not in court. He faces three bad check charges stemming from allegations he failed to repay $822,500 of $1 million in casino loans between July 2008 and January 2009.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Perkins, Noah in testy locker-room squabble
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Nets' Garnett taking rest day Friday at Philly
- Thunder take 8th in row; home mark at 13-0
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MORE FROM ESPN BOSTON
- adidas Youth Minnesota Timberwolves Chosen Blue Shorts