Tests show no further damage to Paul
The team says an MRI confirmed the initial diagnosis. Paul twisted his left ankle in the Hornets' loss Friday night to Portland. Team spokesman Dennis Rogers said Monday that Paul will be evaluated daily but remains out indefinitely.
In 10 games this season, Paul has averaged 23.8 points and 9.2 assists.
The Hornets are 3-8 and have lost three straight and five out of six. That span included the firing of coach Byron Scott and his replacement two games ago by general manager Jeff Bower.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- NBA putting its social media handle on ball
- Ginobili has stress fracture, to skip World Cup
- Sources: Love trade talks narrowed to Cavs
- Riley says Heat OK after LeBron's departure
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Los Angeles Clippers Chris Paul #3 Game Time Red T-Shirt