Iverson free to sign with teams
NEW YORK -- Allen Iverson has cleared waivers and is free to sign with any NBA team.
The former MVP was waived Tuesday after playing only three games with the Memphis Grizzlies and no team claimed him in the following 48 hours, making him a free agent.
The New York Knicks are discussing whether they want to bring in the 34-year-old guard. Iverson was unhappy coming off the bench last season in Detroit and this season with the Grizzlies, so there isn't expected to be much interest in him.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe, Magic challenge Lakers' management
- Nets withstand Heat in another 1-point win
- Aldridge hurts back in fall; X-rays negative
- Griffin, Clips dump Warriors; streak hits 9
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth New York Knicks climawarm On-Court Royal Hoodie