Williams has surgery on broken jaw
Williams broke his jaw in Philadelphia's loss to Washington on Tuesday night. His averages of 17.4 points and 5.1 assists are second-highest on the team behind Andre Iguodala.
Rookie Jrue Holiday started at point guard in place of Williams against Boston in a 113-110 loss on Wednesday.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Jackson to Knicks by end of week
- Westbrook, OKC get best of Beverley, Rockets
- Bynum's return gets Pacers back on track
- Sources: Nets to sign Collins for rest of season
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Philadelphia 76ers Pre-Game Royal Pants