Report: Knicks to visit Italy
NEW YORK -- Two people with knowledge of the team's plans say the New York Knicks will travel to Italy next fall and play at least one exhibition game in Milan.
The two people are unsure how many games, or against which opponents, the Knicks would play. They spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the league has not made an official announcement.
NBA teams have played both Euroleague and fellow NBA clubs during recent overseas exhibitions.
The trip will be a homecoming of sorts for Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni, a star player and coach in Italy, as well as forward Danilo Gallinari, a native of Milan whose father was a teammate and roommate of D'Antoni's while both played for the local team.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Nets officially sign Collins for rest of season
- Sources: Phil signs on as Knicks president
- Nuggets hand Heat 5th loss in last 6 games
- 76ers drop 19th straight, on cusp of record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth New York Knicks Royal Sheen Tote