Artest empathizes with Tiger
In a post Tuesday, Artest said, "I can tell you're a standup guy" while acknowledging his own infidelities. He wrote about having a baby with another woman after having two with his girlfriend, now his wife. Artest also called Woods "the perfect role model for me and my sons for longer than anyone I have known."
Speaking before the Lakers' game against the Bulls on Tuesday night, Artest said Woods was there at a time when "I wasn't a role model for my sons."
Woods' image has been in a free fall since he crashed his car into a tree Nov. 27, setting off a public airing of his infidelities and marital problems.
Artest made headlines when he told a magazine he would get drunk during games while with Chicago and that he bought alcohol at a liquor store down the street from the United Center and slipped it into his locker.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Lopez has broken bone in foot, out for Nets
- Thunder tame Spurs, take home 9th in row
- Noah regretful but calls Perkins 'angry dude'
- Buzzworthy: Charlotte unveils Hornets logo
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Men's Los Angeles Lakers Washed Slouch Black Adjustable Hat