Hughes out with left groin strain
Hughes, who is averaging 12.3 points a game, was unavailable Thursday night against the Chicago Bulls and is not expected to play Friday against the Los Angeles Clippers. He says he will be re-evaluated on Sunday and does not see the injury as "being anything long."
The problem surfaced last week at New Orleans, and he played through it on Tuesday, scoring eight points in a 94-87 loss at Charlotte.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Thunder take 8th in row; home mark at 13-0
- Perkins, Noah in testy locker-room squabble
- Short-handed Spurs slip past Curry, Warriors
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's New York Knicks 59Fifty Hardwood Classics Black Fitted Hat