Przybilla out for season after surgery
PORTLAND, Ore. -- Trail Blazers center Joel Przybilla had surgery Thursday to repair his ruptured right patella tendon.
Przybilla is expected to miss the rest of the season after hurting his leg during Portland's 85-81 victory at Dallas on Tuesday night. He went up for a rebound and came down awkwardly with 3:12 left in the first quarter.
Przybilla averaged 4.1 points, 7.9 rebounds and 1.4 blocks in 30 games.
The Blazers have been beset by so many injuries this season that the NBA granted the team an exemption to carry 16 players on its roster.
Portland also is without center Greg Oden (left knee), forwards Nicolas Batum (shoulder), Travis Outlaw (left foot) and Rudy Fernandez (back), and rookies Patrick Mills (right foot) and Jeff Pendergraph (hip).
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Jordan rules: 'Cool' with No. 23 for LeBron
- Scott not wasting time: Lakers must play D
- Noah: Bulls can defeat 'big obstacle' LeBron
- Love out for Team USA amid uncertain status
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Portland Trail Blazers 14'' Neon Clock