NBA reaches 10 million point mark
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Detroit's Ben Gordon has scored the 10 millionth point in NBA history.
Gordon made a jumper with 3:51 left in the second quarter of the Pistons' game against the Philadelphia 76ers on Saturday night for the milestone point.
The first NBA points were scored by New York's Ossie Schectman on Nov. 1, 1946, at Toronto's Maple Leaf Gardens.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Durant's 42 help OKC secure second seed
- Griz seize No. 7 slot from Mavs with OT win
- King of jersey sales: LeBron is tops in NBA
- Thompson likens Griffin to 'bull in china shop'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Sparo Men's Detroit Pistons Ghost Watch