NBA reaches 10 million point mark
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Detroit's Ben Gordon has scored the 10 millionth point in NBA history.
Gordon made a jumper with 3:51 left in the second quarter of the Pistons' game against the Philadelphia 76ers on Saturday night for the milestone point.
The first NBA points were scored by New York's Ossie Schectman on Nov. 1, 1946, at Toronto's Maple Leaf Gardens.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Love trade talks narrowed to Cavs
- Riley says Heat OK after LeBron's departure
- Sources: 76ers fighting new lottery proposal
- Stern praises Silver for handling of Sterling
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Detroit Pistons Gold Coin Etched Acrylic