Nash leaves game after errant elbow
Nash received seven stitches but returned to start the second half.
The two players made contact when Watson drove to the basket with just more than four minutes left in the first quarter. A Suns spokeswoman said a tooth went through Nash's upper lip. Nash received four stitches on his upper lip and three on the inside of his mouth.
No foul was called on the play.
Nash, a two-time NBA MVP, was averaging 19.2 points per game and leading the league with 11.3 assists a game.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Jackson 'ready to go back to work'
- Rockets turn on burners in 3rd, rout Pacers
- Sources: Lakers talk state of team after rout
- Noah, Anthony decline to discuss 'gossip'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's L.A. Lakers Steve Nash Replica Revolution 30 Gold Basketball Jersey
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index