Anthony held out vs. Thunder
Nuggets coach George Karl put Anthony on the inactive list and said the All-Star had regressed since Denver played in Houston two nights earlier.
Karl says Anthony's ankle had swollen up during the flight to Oklahoma City and it would be a "wait and see process" to determine when he'll play again. The Nuggets play at San Antonio on Sunday.
Anthony was injured in overtime of Denver's win against New Orleans on Saturday and Karl says the ankle "just hasn't come around."
Anthony is averaging 29.7 points. He hit the game-winning shot in both of Denver's wins at Oklahoma City last season.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.