Cavs score 46 in first; LeBron has 23
LeBron James tied a franchise record with five 3-pointers in a quarter. He made his first seven shots -- including four 3s -- to finish the quarter with 23 points. He had deep 3-pointers from 30 and 28 feet.
Cleveland shot 16 of 21 for the quarter, including 11 of 13 on 3-pointers. The 11 3s are a new franchise mark for most in a period.
The Cavaliers made 3-pointers on seven consecutive possessions and led Los Angeles 46-20 after the quarter.
Cleveland went on to beat the Clippers 114-89.
Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.