Smith youngest player with 1,000 blocks
Smith recorded his 1,000th block with 8:29 left in the first quarter Tuesday night when he swatted away a shot by Oklahoma City's Nenad Krstic.
Smith reached 1,000 blocks at the age of 24 years and 59 days, more than a year younger than the previous record-holder. Benoit Benjamin held the mark previously, reaching the milestone at 25 years and 128 days old while he was with the Los Angeles Clippers.
Smith, who ranks second in the NBA in blocks per game this season, has made it to 1,000 faster than any other player reached 900 blocks.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Lakers offer coaching job to Scott
- Melo: It was 'always Chicago or New York'
- 'Fortunate' Lakers introduce forward Boozer
- Cavs ink Wiggins; can't trade him for 30 days
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Spalding Atlanta Hawks Team Logo Mini Basketball