Gibson attends to fiancée Cole
CLEVELAND -- Cavaliers point guard Daniel Gibson didn't start Thursday night's 102-86 victory over Miami so he could be with his pregnant fiancee, singer Keyshia Cole.
Cavs general manager Danny Ferry said Cole, who is expecting her first child with Gibson, has been hospitalized for precautionary reasons. Gibson returned to Quicken Loans Arena in the second quarter.
Gibson said he watched part of the game on TV at home before heading to the arena.
"We had a long day," Gibson said, adding that Cole has not had the baby.
Information from the Associated Press was used in this report
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.