Brace in tow, West plays in scrimmage
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- Injured Cavaliers guard Delonte West played in a scrimmage, moving him a step closer to returning to Cleveland's lineup.
West has missed seven games with a broken left ring finger, which was recently fitted with a protective brace. On Friday, he handled the ball without any trouble and shot normally during the workout with Cleveland's reserves and assistant coaches.
The Cavs have listed him as day-to-day as they prepare for Saturday's game against New York.
Also, Cavs starting point guard Mo Williams shot around after practice. He has missed eight games over two weeks with a sprained shoulder. The Cavs expect him to be out at least one month.
Cleveland has won 10 straight.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Melo: Knicks bringing in Phil a 'power move'
- Down 25, Pacers rally to beat Pistons in OT
- Sixers' 20th straight loss ties franchise mark
- Wizards' 4th-quarter rally stuns Nets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Cleveland Cavaliers Washed Slouch Burgundy Adjustable Hat