Nuggets coach Karl stays in Denver
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Denver Nuggets coach George Karl missed the game against the Golden State Warriors on the Thursday night, the first time he has not been on the bench since revealing he has throat cancer.
Karl did not accompany the Nuggets on their flight to Oakland and stayed in Denver because of his ongoing treatment. Assistant Adrian Dantley filled in against the Warriors.
Karl announced on Feb. 16 that he was diagnosed with neck and throat cancer. He said it was likely he would have to miss some NBA games and practices while undergoing a rigorous six-week treatment program of radiation and chemotherapy.
Karl has also previously said he expects to miss their game at Minnesota on March 10.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- MJ's 'flu game' shoes shatter auction record
- Knicks lose Felton (hamstring) for 2-3 weeks
- Doc wins in return as Clippers top Celtics
- Knicks blow 23-point lead but pull out win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Denver Nuggets Stacked Logo Tri-Blend Grey T-Shirt