Shaq returns to Cleveland
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- Injured Cleveland center Shaquille O'Neal has rejoined the Cavaliers.
O'Neal, who has been out since tearing a ligament in his thumb on Feb. 25 and undergoing surgery, has been resting at home in Florida since the operation. He was back at the team's facility on Monday, but did not speak to reporters after the Cavs practiced and left for a game in Detroit.
General manager Danny Ferry said O'Neal met with doctors and will be starting rehabilitation. He will not be traveling with the team.
The Cavaliers, who traded for O'Neal last summer, are counting on having him back for the playoffs.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Clippers roll by Nuggets for record 57th win
- Griffin, Redick won't travel for Clippers' finale
- Carmelo has small labrum tear in shoulder
- Adelman, Timberwolves facing crossroads
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Cleveland Cavaliers Practice Structured Flex Burgundy Hat