Nets Williams' appeared to twist foot
Williams drove hard to the basket from the right corner and appeared to twist his left foot after landing on the foot of Jermaine O'Neal.
Williams grabbed his foot in obvious pain but he managed to walk to the Nets bench about halfway through the quarter.
The team said he would not return. He finished with nine points, eight rebounds and seven assists.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron plays against Pacers despite ankle
- Knicks' Chandler will return, start vs. Bucks
- Sources: Lakers no longer shopping Gasol
- Harden expects to play despite ankle sprain
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Youth Brooklyn Nets Joe Johnson #7 Gametime Black T-Shirt