Cleaves released after arrest
Cleaves was a captain for Michigan State's 2000 NCAA championship team. Detroit drafted him in 2000 with the 14th pick overall. He also played for the Sacramento Kings, Cleveland Cavaliers and Seattle SuperSonics over six NBA seasons.
He recently joined Fox Sports Detroit as a Pistons analyst.
The Genesee County sheriff's department says Cleaves was arrested Saturday in Mount Morris Township and jailed in nearby Flint before being released.
Cleaves' lawyer Frank Manley told The Flint Journal his client drove because of an emergency involving his son and doesn't promote "any driving that's not considered safe."
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Love trade talks narrowed to Cavs
- Riley says Heat OK after LeBron's departure
- Sources: 76ers fighting new lottery proposal
- Stern praises Silver for handling of Sterling
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Sparo Detroit Pistons Crusher Watch