Varejao to rest leg for second game
Varejao, Cleveland's super sub and a leading candidate for the NBA's sixth man award, did not participate in Wednesday morning's shootaround before the Cavs host the Milwaukee Bucks.
He left Friday's game at San Antonio in the second half because of soreness in his leg. He sat out Cleveland's win on Sunday over Sacramento.
With the playoffs just three weeks away, the Cavs, who are closing in on clinching the league's best record, don't want to risk Varejao further injuring his leg.
Varejao is averaging 8.7 points and 7.8 rebounds.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Noah regretful but calls Perkins 'angry dude'
- Sources: Nets' Lopez (foot) done for season
- Rockets scratch Harden with sprained ankle
- Randolph, Griz fend off Knicks to end slide
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- For Bare Feet Cleveland Cavaliers Soft Sleep Socks