Hawks without Johnson against Pistons
Johnson, the Hawks' leading scorer since joining the team in a 2005 sign-and-trade deal with Phoenix, injured his right hand in a victory over the Los Angeles Lakers on Wednesday night. Hawks coach Mike Woodson listed Johnson as day-to-day.
Johnson scored 13 points in a loss Friday at Cleveland, going 6-for-17 from the field, 1-for-5 on 3-point attempts.
Detroit coach John Kuester said veteran center Ben Wallace was inactive because the Pistons were playing on consecutive nights. Sore knees have caused Wallace to miss five of the last seven games. Jason Maxiell, Detroit's reserve center, missed his second consecutive game because of a strained back, and Pistons guard Richard Hamilton couldn't play because of a sprained right ankle.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron misses shootaround; iffy vs. Pacers
- Knicks' Chandler will return, start vs. Bucks
- Harden expects to play despite ankle sprain
- Lillard's 3 sends Trail Blazers by Cavaliers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Youth Atlanta Hawks Team Diamond White T-Shirt