Arenas must report to jail first
Arenas was sentenced last month to 30 days in a halfway house for bringing guns into the Wizards locker room. The head of corrections for Montgomery County, Md., a suburb of Washington, says the three-time NBA All-Star will serve his sentence at the county's Pre-Release Center.
Arthur Wallenstein says people assigned to the halfway house as part of their probation must first report to the county jail for medical screening and classification. In addition, Wallenstein says the department wants them "to see a jail and understand what they have avoided."
Wallenstein wouldn't say when Arenas has to report, citing security concerns.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Phil signs on as Knicks president
- Thunder fire back to rout Lakers in rematch
- Dunleavy, Noah carry Bulls past Rockets
- McHale: Noah is Defensive Player of Year
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Washington Wizards Carpet Tiles