West sits vs. Raptors
With home-court advantage in the NBA playoffs locked up, the Cavs have nothing to play for and figured Tuesday night would be a good chance to sit West, who is averaging 8.7 points in 25 minutes per game. West has played in 57 of Cleveland's 77 games.
Cavs coach Mike Brown said he will attempt to get some of his starters rest in the next week as the league's top team prepares for the postseason. Forward Anderson Varejao was expected back against the Raptors after missing three games with a sore left hamstring.
Brown said he doesn't know when injured center Shaquille O'Neal will return. He's been out since Feb. 25 after tearing a ligament in his right thumb and undergoing surgery.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- Lakers greats hail 'right guy' Scott as coach
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- NBPA elects 1st big league female union chief
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Cleveland Cavaliers Kyrie Irving #2 White Revolution 30 Replica Basketball Jersey