Karl thanks well-wishers after chemo
DENVER -- Nuggets coach George Karl has finished up his last round of chemotherapy and issued a thank-you to all his well-wishers.
In a statement to the team's Web site on Wednesday, Karl said his intense six-week regimen of treatment for throat and neck cancer were the "toughest of my life."
Karl hasn't been on the sideline since a March 16 win over Washington. Assistant Adrian Dantley has coached the Nuggets in his absence. There's no timetable for Karl's return, although the team expects Dantley to continue leading the team in the playoffs.
Karl, who beat prostate cancer several years ago, said he temporarily lost his voice but is eager to return to the sideline.
A contingent of players and coaches recently paid a visit to Karl.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Heat erase 2nd-half deficit, take down Pacers
- Sources: Lakers no longer shopping Gasol
- Clips overwhelm Pelicans in Davis' return
- Knicks outlast NBA-worst Bucks in double OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Youth Denver Nuggets Kenneth Faried Replica Revolution 30 Yellow Basketball Jersey