Jazz honor late owner
SALT LAKE CITY -- The Utah Jazz honored late owner Larry H. Miller by retiring the No. 9 and renaming the court at EnergySolutions Arena.
The Jazz unveiled the No. 9 -- Miller's softball number -- jersey in the rafters next to the team's other retired numbers during a halftime ceremony Wednesday night when Utah hosted Phoenix in the regular-season finale.
Miller died in February 2009 of complications related to diabetes.
Miller's family and former Utah players, including John Stockton, were on the court for the ceremony and a few fans chanted "Larry Mill-er!" as the teams warmed up for the second half.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Love out for Team USA amid uncertain status
- Sources: Lakers offer coaching job to Scott
- Melo: It was 'always Chicago or New York'
- Report: NBA considering 7-day All-Star break
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Utah Jazz Gordon Hayward #20 Navy Gametime T-Shirt