Price expected to miss 4-6 months
Price was injured in New York on Saturday night. He was examined by team doctors Monday and will undergo surgery Tuesday in Indianapolis to repair a fractured left patella.
Price, heading into his second year out of Connecticut, averaged 7.3 points, 1.9 assists and 1.6 rebounds in 56 games as a rookie. He started two games, and was a regular part of the rotation the second half of the season.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron plays against Pacers despite ankle
- Knicks' Chandler will return, start vs. Bucks
- Sources: Lakers no longer shopping Gasol
- Davis (broken hand) back in Pelicans' lineup
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MORE FROM ESPN NEW YORK
- adidas Men's Indiana Pacers Danny Granger #33 Gold Gametime T-Shirt