Ex-NBA player Greene banned
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- Former NBA and University of Florida guard Orien Greene has been suspended for two years for tampering with urine samples while playing for a pro team in Amsterdam.
The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency worked with authorities in the Netherlands to determine Greene tried to use urine provided to him by another person. His suspension is retroactive to March 12, 2009.
Greene's teammate on Eclips Jet MyGuide Amsterdam, former Arkansas guard Teddy Gipson, admitted to helping Greene and received a six-month suspension that took effect last Saturday.
Greene was a highly touted recruit who stayed in his hometown of Gainesville to play for Florida, but later transferred to Louisiana-Lafayette. He had short stints with three NBA teams before going overseas.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Heat erase 2nd-half deficit, take down Pacers
- Sources: Lakers no longer shopping Gasol
- Davis (broken hand) back in Pelicans' lineup
- Knicks' Chandler returns, starts vs. Bucks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Florida Gators Charcoal Stealth Tri-Blend T-Shirt