Ex-NBA player Greene banned
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- Former NBA and University of Florida guard Orien Greene has been suspended for two years for tampering with urine samples while playing for a pro team in Amsterdam.
The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency worked with authorities in the Netherlands to determine Greene tried to use urine provided to him by another person. His suspension is retroactive to March 12, 2009.
Greene's teammate on Eclips Jet MyGuide Amsterdam, former Arkansas guard Teddy Gipson, admitted to helping Greene and received a six-month suspension that took effect last Saturday.
Greene was a highly touted recruit who stayed in his hometown of Gainesville to play for Florida, but later transferred to Louisiana-Lafayette. He had short stints with three NBA teams before going overseas.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Parker signs multiyear extension with Spurs
- Wade on LeBron's exit from Heat: I could tell
- Rose acknowledges tension with Bulls, circle
- Bosh admits he was 'close' to leaving Heat
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Jansport Men's Florida Gators Blue Tournament Basketball T-shirt