Wade divorce finalized in Chicago
Cook County Judge Marya Nega announced her widely expected decision during a brief hearing Friday.
Wade says he's relieved the proceedings from his wife, Siohvaughn, are over. Siohvaughn Wade's attorney, however, says he'll appeal on the grounds that the judge finalized the divorce before financial issues and custody issues involving the couple's two sons have been resolved.
The judge says her previous orders, including one granting Dwyane Wade temporary custody of the children, remain in place for now. Wade's now ex-wife did not attend the hearing.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Gasol, Griz overcome Spurs in 3OT thriller
- Sources: Celtics, Mavs talking Rondo trade
- Hawks send Cavaliers to 'embarrassing' loss
- Harden plays spoiler in overtime at Denver
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Starring Woes
- Former running mates LeBron James and Dwyane Wade shared in frustration Wednesday with their teams' plights.