Paul, Octagon parting ways
The person spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity because the deal with LRMR Marketing had yet to be announced.
Earlier Thursday, Octagon basketball managing director Jeff Austin, who negotiated Paul's current four-year, $68 million contract with New Orleans, confirmed that Paul had ended his five-year relationship with the agency.
The news first was reported by Yahoo.com
Austin says Octagon is proud of its work on Paul's basketball contract, marketing relationships and charitable endeavors, and wishes him continued success.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Jackson to Knicks by end of week
- Westbrook, OKC get best of Beverley, Rockets
- Bynum's return gets Pacers back on track
- Sources: Nets to sign Collins for rest of season
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Women's Miami Heat LeBron James #6 White Replica Jersey