Paul, Octagon parting ways
The person spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity because the deal with LRMR Marketing had yet to be announced.
Earlier Thursday, Octagon basketball managing director Jeff Austin, who negotiated Paul's current four-year, $68 million contract with New Orleans, confirmed that Paul had ended his five-year relationship with the agency.
The news first was reported by Yahoo.com
Austin says Octagon is proud of its work on Paul's basketball contract, marketing relationships and charitable endeavors, and wishes him continued success.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Griffin's 16th technical triggers 1-game ban
- Carmelo has small labrum tear in shoulder
- Adelman, Timberwolves facing crossroads
- Arizona's Gordon, Johnson heading to NBA
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Miami Heat LeBron James Swingman Revolution 30 Black Basketball Jersey