Paul, Octagon parting ways
The person spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity because the deal with LRMR Marketing had yet to be announced.
Earlier Thursday, Octagon basketball managing director Jeff Austin, who negotiated Paul's current four-year, $68 million contract with New Orleans, confirmed that Paul had ended his five-year relationship with the agency.
The news first was reported by Yahoo.com
Austin says Octagon is proud of its work on Paul's basketball contract, marketing relationships and charitable endeavors, and wishes him continued success.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- Lakers greats hail 'right guy' Scott as coach
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- NBPA elects 1st big league female union chief
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Cleveland Cavaliers LeBron James "I'm Coming Home" Gold T-Shirt