Patterson agrees to deal with Rockets
HOUSTON -- The Houston Rockets have reached an agreement with first-round draft pick Patrick Patterson.
Patterson's agent, Odell McCants, said the deal is a standard rookie contract, with the first two years guaranteed and two one-year options. McCants said Patterson planned to sign the contract after the Rockets' summer league game in Las Vegas on Tuesday night.
The Rockets chose the 6-foot-9, 236-pound forward from Kentucky with the 14th pick overall in the draft. Patterson scored 18 points in the Rockets' summer-league opener in Las Vegas on Friday.
The agreement was first reported by KRIV-TV.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Melo: Knicks bringing in Phil a 'power move'
- Suns end Raptors' home winning streak at 4
- Woodson: Don't feel need to audition for job
- OKC to sit Westbrook in some back-to-backs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2010 NBA Draft
LATEST DRAFT CONTENT
- adidas Men's Houston Rockets "The Go To" Red T-Shirt