Plea hearing scheduled for West
West had been scheduled for a trial next week, but now Maryland court records show he has a plea hearing scheduled for Thursday morning.
His attorney and a spokesman for the prosecutor, Prince George's County State's Attorney Glenn Ivey, did not immediately return requests for comment.
Authorities say the basketball player was carrying two loaded handguns, a loaded shotgun and an 8½-inch Bowie knife while speeding on his motorcycle on the Capital Beltway in Prince George's County in September.
It's illegal in Maryland to carry concealed weapons and to transport loaded handguns.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Report: Griz losing Calathes to 20-game ban
- Sources: Woodson 'bracing' for the worst
- Silver: Making NBA age limit 20 top priority
- Kupchak says Kobe, Lakers on same page
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Cleveland Cavaliers Primary Logo Burgundy Long Sleeve Shirt