Ohio woman: Carter took pendant
WADSWORTH, Ohio -- An Ohio woman who said she paid $5 at a yard sale for a LeBron James pendant worth nearly $10,000 says it's been taken from her.
Vaneisha Robinson had the basketball jersey-shaped white gold pendant appraised and put it for sale on eBay.
She says she got a phone call Wednesday from the mother of Maverick O. Carter, the CEO for James' marketing company. She says the woman told her James wanted to buy the pendant but when she went to the woman's house James wasn't there and other people threatened her and took it.
Wadsworth police Sgt. James Elchlinger says he determined the pendant belongs to Carter.
Carter says it had been stolen from him.
Robinson tells WEWS-TV the pendant belongs to her and she wants it back.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe critical of himself after loss to Raptors
- Sources: Kings to acquire Gay from Raptors
- Williams, Pierce hope to return vs. Celtics
- Sources: Clips close in on ex-Spur Jackson
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Women's Cleveland Cavaliers Cuffed Pom Knit Hat