Fans sell lemonade to support Gilbert
Children in suburban Rocky River sold lemonade Thursday to raise money for Gilbert's cause. They charged 50 cents a cup.
Ten-year-old Molly Sponseller says she and her friends wanted to show support for the Cavs and Gilbert. She says he's "not a bad man."
After James announced last week that he would leave Cleveland for the Miami Heat, Gilbert wrote a searing letter calling the MVP "narcissistic" and "self-promotional." The NBA fined Gilbert.
Gilbert has said that instead of sending him money, fans should donate to the Cleveland Cavaliers Youth Fund. That's where proceeds from the lemonade sales will go.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Sources: Rockets can't make Asik deal now
- LeBron atop newest list of NBA jersey sales
- Duncan, Parker, Ginobili take seat for Spurs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
KNICKS, NETS MISS OUT ON LEBRON
- adidas Youth Cleveland Cavaliers CLIMALITE Practice Burgundy T-Shirt