Outside shooter Jones back with Heat
The South Florida native decided last week that he didn't want to play anywhere else, especially after Miami wildly reshaped its roster by adding LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Mike Miller and others while keeping Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem.
Jones was the NBA's third-best 3-point shooter in 2007-08. In two seasons with Miami, he's appeared in 76 games, averaging 4.1 points and shooting nearly 38 percent from 3-point range.
Jones originally had a contract for 2010-11 guaranteed for $1.9 million. He'll make $1 million more this season, plus receive buyout payments through 2012 from the original contract.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Rivers: 'It's going to be hard' facing Celtics
- Newly added Jackson will be active for Clips
- Pacers-Heat tilt NBA TV's top watched ever
- 76ers' Carter-Williams out with knee infection
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2010 NBA Free Agency
HEAT ADD LeBRON TO WADE, BOSH
KNICKS GET AMARE, TRADE LEE
BULLS LAND BOOZER
JOHNSON RE-UPS WITH HAWKS
DIRK, PIERCE RE-SIGN
- Rico Miami Heat Dwyane Wade Car Flag