Vasquez expected to be ready for camp
MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- The Memphis Grizzlies say rookie guard Greivis Vasquez underwent surgery on his right ankle to remove a bone spur.
The team said in a news release Tuesday night that the surgery was successful and he is expected to return for training camp in late September.
Vasquez was injured while playing in the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas. The surgery was done in Baltimore.
He was a first-round draft pick out of Maryland in June.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Jackson 'ready to go back to work'
- Rockets turn on burners in 3rd, rout Pacers
- Sources: Lakers not ready to fire D'Antoni
- Bucks' Mayo banned 1 game for hit to throat
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2010 Summer League
Follow ESPN's NBA coverage on Twitter
- The Highland Mint Memphis Grizzlies FedExForum Signature Stadium Photo
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index