Vasquez expected to be ready for camp
MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- The Memphis Grizzlies say rookie guard Greivis Vasquez underwent surgery on his right ankle to remove a bone spur.
The team said in a news release Tuesday night that the surgery was successful and he is expected to return for training camp in late September.
Vasquez was injured while playing in the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas. The surgery was done in Baltimore.
He was a first-round draft pick out of Maryland in June.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- Bulls' Rose: Confidence 'through the roof'
- Sources: Agents protesting NBPA head vote
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2010 Summer League
- adidas Youth Memphis Grizzlies Chosen Navy Shorts