Report: Howard to return to Wizards
The person told The Associated Press on Wednesday that Howard is set to come back after playing only four games with the team last season. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal hasn't been signed.
Howard was acquired in a seven-player trade with the Dallas Mavericks on Feb. 13, but he tore a ligament in his left knee on Feb. 22. The Wizards declined to pick up their option on his contract at the end of the season but left open the possibility of re-signing him.
Howard had surgery in mid-March, with an expected recovery time of six to eight months. He has averaged 15.3 points over seven NBA seasons.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Hibbert: Wrong move to call out teammates
- Freshman Parker leaving Duke to enter draft
- Son: TV vet Sager diagnosed with leukemia
- Melo on free-agency options: 'I want to win'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Washington Wizards Primary Logo Red T-Shirt