Kings' Evans caught at 120-130 mph
A video released by the California Highway Patrol shows Evans speeding past vehicles on Interstate 80 in his purple Mercedes. CHP officers say he was driving 120 to 130 miles per hour.
The video of the 20-year-old NBA Rookie of the Year was shot from a plane on Memorial Day weekend.
After being stopped by police, Evans was arrested at gunpoint.
Authorities say the video offers evidence that Evans may have been racing another vehicle.
Attorneys say he pleaded no contest to reckless driving, was sentenced to 80 hours of community service, ordered to take part in teen driving programs and lost his license for 30 days.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- Bulls' Rose: Confidence 'through the roof'
- Sources: Agents protesting NBPA head vote
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Sacramento Kings Dart Cabinet