Scottie Reynolds signs in Italy
Former Villanova point guard Scottie Reynolds has signed a one-year contract to play in Italy, the Philadelphia Daily News reported.
Reynolds, an All-American and the second-leading scorer in Villanova history, was not selected in the NBA draft, but was invited by the Phoenix Suns to take part in the summer league and attend training camp.
But Prima Veroli, a second division team in Italy, made a one-year offer with financial guarantees that "blew us out of the water," said Reynolds' agent, Lee Melchionni, according to the report.
"The financial security that Prima Veroli's offer provides made this a sound decision for Scottie," Melchionni said, according to the report.
Reynolds averaged 18.2 points as a senior and scored 2,222 points in his college career.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Butler pushes Bulls past Pelicans to 6th in row
- KG pulls a Stephenson, blows in West's ear
- Hawks drop Bucks to split home-and-home
- Lowry, Raptors snap Clips' home win streak
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Jansport Men's Villanova Wildcats Navy Tournament Basketball T-shirt