Omri Casspi mural defaced again
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Sacramento police are hoping any possible witnesses will come forward after a mural of Sacramento Kings player Omri Casspi was defaced with a swastika for the second time in a little more than a week.
Police say after a swastika was found painted on the mural of Casspi on Sept. 8, the mural was found defaced again Thursday morning.
Casspi, who is Jewish, is the only NBA player born in Israel.
The most recent incident comes after a $1,000 reward was offered by the Anti-Defamation League for information leading to an arrest after the mural was defaced the first time.
Joe Maloof, co-owner of the Sacramento Kings, released a statement Thursday describing the vandalism as "sickening acts of intolerance."
Maloof says the team is matching the reward offered by the Anti-Defamation League.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Clippers roll by Nuggets for record 57th win
- Griffin, Redick won't travel for Clippers' finale
- Carmelo has small labrum tear in shoulder
- Adelman, Timberwolves facing crossroads
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Sacramento Kings Desktop Photo Mint