Jonas Jerebko likely to miss 6 months
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- The Detroit Pistons were hit hard by injuries in their first preseason game.
Jerebko is expected to be out for five to six months, meaning he might miss the entire season. White's timetable will be determined after the surgery.
Jerebko's injury hurts a team that was already lacking post players. The 6-foot-10 Swede played in a team-high 80 games, averaging 9.3 points and six rebounds last year as a rookie.
White was drafted in the second round with the 36th pick overall this year. The 6-foot-5 guard averaged 15 points last season as a sophomore at Mississippi.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron misses shootaround; iffy vs. Pacers
- Knicks' Chandler will return, start vs. Bucks
- Harden expects to play despite ankle sprain
- He got name: Allen going with Shuttlesworth
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Party Animal Detroit Pistons Applique Banner Flag