Doug Collins out with concussion
PHILADELPHIA -- Philadelphia 76ers coach Doug Collins missed his second straight preseason game Wednesday night because of symptoms related to a concussion he suffered on Memorial Day.
"I talked to Doug and he's feeling good," Sixers general manager Ed Stefanski said Wednesday. "I expect him back for opening night. He was upbeat and he's upset that he's missing these preseason games."
Collins, who was injured when he fell in a coffee shop, was undergoing tests Wednesday and his next scheduled on-court activity is set for Friday's practice.
"He's feeling better," Curry said. "We expect him back bright and early Friday morning for practice and going over our tapes for the start of the season."
The Sixers open the regular season next Wednesday against the Miami Heat.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Love trade talks narrowed to Cavs
- Riley says Heat OK after LeBron's departure
- Sources: 76ers fighting new lottery proposal
- Stern praises Silver for handling of Sterling
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Philadelphia 76ers Red Structured Adjustable Hat