Stern optimistic about Pistons sale
NEW YORK -- NBA Commissioner David Stern is optimistic the sale of the Detroit Pistons will be complete soon.
Stern spoke Thursday after two days of meetings with league owners. Regarding the Pistons, he says he's "looking for something definitive to happen in the month of November."
Detroit Tigers and Detroit Red Wings owner Mike Ilitch is expected to buy the team.
Stern says: "There seem to be an interested potential buyer, an interested seller."
He says there's an exclusive negotiating period that he believes expires in about 10 days, and he hopes for a "formal agreement" by the end of November.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Durant sprains ankle in career-best first half
- It's official: Celtics ship Rondo to Mavericks
- Curry rallies Warriors to win over Thunder
- Carmelo sits, has been advised to rest more
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- KD's Night Cut Short In Loss
- KD hurts ankle