Yao Ming leaves game with leg injury
The 7-foot-6 Yao played the opening 6:14 of the game and did not return. He did not score and grabbed one rebound. The injury-prone Yao sat out the entire 2009-10 season after undergoing surgery to repair his broken left foot.
The Rockets have been limiting Yao's minutes early in the season and before the game coach Rick Adelman said no decision has been made on increasing his playing time.
"He is coming off a 15-, 16-month layoff. He's not the Yao from two years ago," Adelman said.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Durant's 42 help OKC secure second seed
- Griz seize No. 7 slot from Mavs with OT win
- Thompson likens Griffin to 'bull in china shop'
- Bucks announce sale of team, won't move
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Houston Rockets Gold and Color Mint Coin