Yao Ming leaves game with leg injury
The 7-foot-6 Yao played the opening 6:14 of the game and did not return. He did not score and grabbed one rebound. The injury-prone Yao sat out the entire 2009-10 season after undergoing surgery to repair his broken left foot.
The Rockets have been limiting Yao's minutes early in the season and before the game coach Rick Adelman said no decision has been made on increasing his playing time.
"He is coming off a 15-, 16-month layoff. He's not the Yao from two years ago," Adelman said.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Phil signs on as Knicks president
- Nuggets hand Heat 5th loss in last 6 games
- 76ers drop 19th straight, on cusp of record
- Clips lean on defense to stretch streak to 10
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Houston Rockets Official 2013 Draft Day Red Adjustable Hat