Allen Iverson's debut postponed
ANKARA, Turkey -- Former NBA All-Star Allen Iverson's debut with Turkish basketball league team Besiktas has been postponed.
Team manager Murat Murtezaoglu told The Associated Press the 11-time NBA All-Star "did not feel ready" to play Friday and instead watched from the stands as his new team beat Oyak Renault 87-81.
Murtezaoglu said he expects Iverson to make his debut at Besiktas' European Cup home game against Hemofarm Stada on Tuesday.
Iverson agreed to a $4 million, two-year contract with Besiktas after no NBA team offered him a contract for the season.
Iverson is 17th on the NBA's career scoring list with 24,368 points in a 14-year career with Philadelphia, Denver, Detroit and Memphis. He won the league's Most Valuable Player award in 2001.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Divide exists between Blatt, Cavs
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.