Rookie Gordon Hayward gets first start
Hayward played 22 minutes, registering four points, two assists and a steal.
"I want to give him a chance to play a little bit, get some experience," Utah coach Jerry Sloan said of Hayward, before the rookie made his first NBA start. "He has athletic ability, but this game will screw with your head a little bit. You're in constant learning mode."
Hayward's most extensive action came in a loss to Phoenix on Oct. 28 when he played 25 minutes and scored six points and added six rebounds.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron to go back to No. 23 for Cavs return
- Sources: Scott, Lakers agree to 4-year deal
- Noah: Bulls can defeat 'big obstacle' LeBron
- Love out for Team USA amid uncertain status
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Utah Jazz Gordon Hayward #20 Road Navy Replica Basketball Jersey