Rookie Gordon Hayward gets first start
Hayward played 22 minutes, registering four points, two assists and a steal.
"I want to give him a chance to play a little bit, get some experience," Utah coach Jerry Sloan said of Hayward, before the rookie made his first NBA start. "He has athletic ability, but this game will screw with your head a little bit. You're in constant learning mode."
Hayward's most extensive action came in a loss to Phoenix on Oct. 28 when he played 25 minutes and scored six points and added six rebounds.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe fires back at Brown's culture remarks
- Nets' Pierce, Garnett top former coach Rivers
- Aldridge, Blazers outduel Howard, Rockets
- LeBron, Durant early leaders in All-Star voting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- Tervis Utah Jazz 16 oz Tumbler