Sixers' Andre Iguodala out against Cavs
Iguodala has missed two other games this month because of the tendon. He played Sunday night in a loss at San Antonio and made it through part of practice Monday before needing treatment.
On Tuesday, he told coach Doug Collins that his leg was still sore and the team decided it was best for him to rest.
"He feels like he hasn't been himself all year," Collins said, adding Iguodala had a wrist injury earlier this season. "Nobody knows their body better than a player."
Collins did not put a time frame on Iguodala's return.
Andres Nocioni took Iguodala's starting spot at small forward against the Cavs, who had center Anderson Varejao back after missing one game with bruised ribs. Guard Mo Williams is still out with a groin injury.
Iguodala is averaging 12.0 points, 5.6 rebounds and 5.0 assists for the Sixers, who entered Tuesday's game on a three-game losing streak..
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Anthony confirms new contract with Knicks
- Sources: Deng joins Heat for 2 years, $20M
- Parsons to join Mavs as Rockets won't match
- Bosh: 'No bitter feelings' on LeBron leaving
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Philadelphia 76ers Michael Carter-Williams #1 Replica Revolution 30 Basketball Jersey